Sunday, October 14, 2007

a little too early, a little too late

I would argue that Valentine's messages should be given at all times of the year, and we're sort of coming up on Christmas, which is a relatively romantic time.

Consider a world of options. As a preview, my favorites include:

VI. Emmatati kima diparum. Bishi tuppi libbiya.
You are hot like a torch. Be my Valentine.

X. Suhartum bantum suharu kalu, qadum yati irreshu.
Beautiful young woman all young men want you, including me.

XIV. Suhartum magal bantum atti. Yati kali u kati annashaq.
You are a very fine young woman. Restrain me or I will kiss you.

6 comments:

Chase said...

Do we have to do them in Akkadian? 'Cause here are my favorites:

My love is like pancakes,
Like carrots and commas,
Happy -- wait, where am I?
Go fetch my pajamas!

also

Mi amor para ti
Es sin todo cuidado
He caido por ti
Como en un piso mojado.

Brooklyn said...

Yes, MustacheBoy. Akkadian is the only choice, here. I'm sorry.

:)

Urban Rainforest said...

mojado kind of sounds like mojito--which is a valentine in itself.

Olympus said...

hahahahhahahahahhahah

Joey the Great said...

Oh, those are the ones you liked. I think my personal favorite is

tennashi? Ashum kabati ana kala umim talliki.
or in other words..
Are you weary? because you ran around my mind all day

Anyway, thanks for including those and, here's wishing you happy Valentines(even though its October)

Joey the Great said...

Way to go, all this talk about Firkins made me have to look it up on wikipedia. A wine firkin is 252 fluid gallons in the US or about 318 liters. My curiosity got the better of me. Anyway have a nice day.