Thursday, March 27, 2008

the long walk

I park my car an extra block or two away from my office, but still at a meter so I'm forced to get outside and walk a couple blocks every two hours (the meters have a two-hour limit).

I've really come to look forward to this, but today was the first actually hot day we've had, and that makes me really nervous for the summer. Summers are always bad here, but it's in the mid-80's and only the end of March.

On the elevator back up to the office just now, I thought about my room in the city last summer and of my less-than-appropriate sleeping attire, windows open and ceiling fan turned up. Here I have air conditioning ... maybe this summer will be bearable, after all.

CPM: Two in one week! Man oh man. :) I believe this is what we call "flying colors."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you can survive NY (you were in NYC last summer, right?) without air conditioning all summer you can survive OK with air conditioning. I grew up in CT without AC, it gets pretty nasty. Believe me, a dry 98 degrees is nothing compared to 98 degrees with 95% humidity.

And good job with the two posts in one week.