Tuesday, July 1, 2008

named the baby.


This is the car I ended up buying a few months ago, except it's white.

I said I was going to host a naming poll, but unforeseen circumstances yielded a natural name and kicked you all out of the process. Sorry about that.

My radiator hose split a couple weeks ago, and the new one I bought had one of those dot stickers on it, on which someone had written "Helen." (Hopefully it wasn't a claim sticker or something.) As home to radiator hose Helen, I figured the only name choice left was Troy.

The main objection I keep coming up against is all the boys who swear that cars are only female (which is negated anyway if only by L'Afro's Howard and Atticus), to which I counter that countries and cities are female too, so my car can be a female city Troy if they feel that strongly about it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it. I like that there is a solid reason behind it.

My car's name is Chloe, but there's no solid reasoning behind it, it just fits somehow.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Can I drive her?

Anonymous said...

I love it! Can I drive her?

Brooklyn said...

@CPM -- I'm glad you approve:) I am a fan, myself. I'm extremely happy that something so clever fell in the lap of my little car.

@anonymous -- Wouldn't that be awkward, to pop the door and hand the keys to someone I knew only as 'Anonymous'! You may have to clear up this mystery first ...

Sarah said...

yay! we still haven't named our car and we bought it in october. you are way on top of it!

Anna said...

my car was Gina.... that's a girls name too...

Brooklyn said...

Yeah well.

:)