Sunday, September 30, 2007

a moment of complaint

I need a life. It's so frustrating to be out of the Provo world where making friends is as easy as walking next door or across the way. I suppose that's what you get when you go from a ward of 200 active members to one of roundabout 40. It's not that I don't like it; it's just that it's a lot harder to make friends here. The ones I know already are great, and I'm getting to know others, but either way I'm used to going out or at least chilling for awhile every night. People just don't do that here. You have to drive to get anywhere, and people just don't. Well, not like in a college town where you just have to walk ten feet. Obviously it will be different, but I've been here a month and it's starting to get tiring, that's all. It's just a lot more work to make friends here. I feel like a stalker for hanging out with people more than once a week. Or once a week, as opposed to less than that. It's ridiculous.

Sorry for the least eloquent post ever.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Um.

Where are you, anyway?

(I knew you weren't in Prowvo anymore, but I actually don't know where you are...)

Sarah said...

who needs real friends when you have facebook and gmail friends.

Brooklyn said...

Yeah, really, geez! :)

Urban Rainforest said...

It will be better once
a) you move out of your parents house
b) you get a job
c) you move into my HUGE ward in Houston.

easy as 1, 2, 3 (or a, b, c, as it were.)

Brooklyn said...

Man, you make me sound like a loser;)

And I prefer i, ii, iii.

Joey the Great said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.