Monday, January 29, 2007

a shower curtain romance

Editor's Note: Check out my Froogle wish list (on the profile page) for a picture of the hot curtain:)

**

I have a shower curtain liner in the bottom of my closet, waiting for the day when she finds a partner so she can fulfill her eternal purpose.

Actually, my shower curtain liner's eternal companion is sort of arranged. They haven't met each other yet, but the day is pending. I've already picked him out; I just can't afford him yet.

He lives at Kohl's. A beautiful crimson curtain, with a strip of red bead tassel about a foot from the top. Regularly $35, but I have a rain check in my purse, sans expiration date, which will allow me to get him for $20. Soon, I'm going to take him home with me, and I'll introduce them. It will be happily ever-after.

My little curtain liner and I are both pending. She's a symbol of where I'm going to be, with a little dreaming, a lot of hard work and some blessing. There's not much she can do while she waits, but that's where I come in. It's me who's applying for the internships, me who's dating, and me who's having fun and loving what's going on in the meantime.

I love where I am right now, but dreams are still important. One day, I'll have a job, a little family of my own, and if you walk into my bathroom, there might even be a beautiful crimson curtain hanging in my shower.

4 comments:

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

Um...the title made me think there might be scandal in this post. Sad but relieved that there's not.

Heather said...

I think you've "voiced" some of my own inner dreams, there.

Olympus said...

Hahahhaa. No worries, flippin. You're safe here.