Sunday, April 1, 2007

most amazing protester ever

OK, so we aren't supposed to pay attention to the anti-LDS protesters outside the Conference Center at General Conference, and we certainly aren't supposed to protest to their protesting. However, one of them totally cracked me up today. (I might even be wrong. He might have been an actual protester. I was too busy trying not to pay attention to any of them to notice for sure. but we'll go with my current story.) It was bad. It was wrong. but it was OH so funny.

There were a couple of particularly loud protesters on one one corner, telling everyone we were going to hell (my ears actually hurt a little as we walked by), and as we passed, something must have caught my attention. I looked this other guy full in the face. As a result, he talked to me.

The man was dressed like the devil, complete with a red-tipped pitchfork. He smiled and introduced himself.

"Hello. I'm Satan, and [gesturing to the particularly obnoxious protesters] these are my missionaries."

I lost it. I laughed for half a block.

Bad. Wrong. Leave the poor protesters alone, fake Satan. They don't mean to be mean.

But half a block.

2 comments:

Heather said...

LoL....I would have laughed, too.

Oh, Satan. Why'd ya do it? (See my blog for the story behind this statement...also, take with a grain of salt.)

Brooklyn said...

Hahahahhahahahah! ok, I will!