Friday, May 18, 2007

and she's back!

Man, I'm glad I put that disclaimer by my "promise." Hahhaa. Sorry I'm so lame.

Let's see, a good story.

I have adjusted. I have taken a break from noticing all the little things so I can obtain a big-picture view. I like the place much better that way, right now. There's such a thing as becoming too nitpicky of a thinker ... for me, that leads to self-absorption, and that makes for less happiness:)

More later. I'm going to a ballet tonight!

Oh, by the way. It was my birthday between now and when I posted last. This led to me bringing home flowers (mostly daisies ... mm, my favorite - my parents ordered them for me because it's - gasp - my first birthday away from home) today, so they don't die over the weekend in the office. They're nested happily in a glass bottle on a shelf in my room. (I collect glass bottles. Drink bottles. From non-alcoholic beverages.)

Mmmm. Daisies. Mmmm.

Beautiful lyrics of the day -- "Bridges and Balloons," by Joanna Newsom. (Sorry, Uffish - "Bridges and Balloons," not "Cassiopeia" like I said today.)

"I can recall our caravel - a little wicker beetle shell with four fine maste and lateen sails
Its bearings on Cair Paravel."

"Are you going to Narnia, [Olympus]? Or, daughter of Eve, are you already there?"-Castle in the Sky

No comments: