Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I am excellent at loving and embracing new things, for about a week. Then, I get bored of being excited and long for the familiar.

I vote let's quit that and be like krebscout's mom, always looking forward.

I already feel like it's almost time to leave, so it's hard to want to try and settle in. Mom says six weeks is a long time to feel that way. I agree. I want to go out tonight, and take life "by the horns," as the expression goes, and disregard any uncomfortability. It always takes awhile of being uncomfortable before you settle in -- call it dues. My life in Provo was full of awkward moments inside of me at first, as I tried to learn everyone's inside jokes and work my way into the crowd, which I would later realize to be ridiculously accepting and nothing to worry about. Still, having to feel a little weird sometimes is okay. As I was told yesterday:

"I understand transitions -- when I went from [former career] to [current career] it just about killed me... But such experiences stretch us and make us better as we receive them meekly."

Here's to meekly. Time for some crazy fun.

3 comments:

Thirdmango said...

wow, I'm the complete opposite of that. I crave new things and relish in it, but when I feel too comfortable that's when I get bored. Unfortunatly for me I'm stuck in this town for at least another two years. Augh.

Olympus said...

Well, here's the thing, so do I. It's like I always want something new, but when I have it, I remember that I really did have a good thing before.

Don't say "unfortunately for me" ;) It'll be over before you know it.

Still, I understand.

Jonathangxim said...

Next, grab the string with your picking hand halfway between the bridge and the nut and lightly tug the string away from the fretboard. Do not pull real hard, just hard enough to pull the stretch out of the string and tighten it around the tuner post. You can learn how to play guitar as fast as you can but remember to take note of how important a lesson is. And in terms of finding the right lesson, make sure to look for the best lessons that will match your needs. Now that you know the thugs that may be included in the lessons, you'll have an idea about how the process goes and set the right expectations about them. There are three pick up configurations are often mounted on the guitar. Action two. Use Your Favourite Fret board conditioner.