Wednesday, January 14, 2009

hahahhahaahahha

My boss's 8-year-old niece just told me they don't have school on the 20th. I said, "For the inauguration?" (We're getting off work for it, too.) She said, "Yeah, we're going to watch it at [the black cultural center in our city]." I asked her if she was excited, and she said yes, so I asked her why.

"Because Obama's the first black president. And he's going to get sworn in. And maybe gas prices will go down."

Nice. I asked her why she thought gas prices would go down, and she hadn't the faintest. So I asked her why she cared about gas prices, since she clearly doesn't pay them. She said, "So my mommy and daddy don't have to pay more money."

I thought that was sweet.

In other news from her, she just made a snake out of the Play-Doh I keep on my desk. I asked her if it was dangerous and she said no. I asked her how she knew and she said, "Because I made it, and I'm not dangerous." Makes sense.

No comments: