Monday, March 19, 2007

fashionistas

I just saw this girl that I originally thought was dressed up for some type of "wear a silly costume day" or something. Then I realized she was just wearing stuff that's in fashion now. Brown leggings with a blue calf-length dress, a fat belt of a different, unrelated color, and another unrelated color sweater over the whole ensemble.

The things we do to ourselves.

A thought I had yesterday: When we're done reliving the 80's, what are we going to do? The 90's were mostly a continuation of the 80's and then a slow cycle back to the 70's, unless I'm wrong, which is possible. Are we going to think of something new this time? If so ... what? Do I want to know? If it's something brand new, no one will know which fashions to avoid to keep their children from laughing at their photos in years to come. That's rough. Going at this blind is unfair.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I want the 20s.

Especially those hats.

Olympus said...

OK. There I'm with you.

Also, after the pioneer skirt I wore yesterday, I'm slightly contemplating a modern version of the 1840's. I don't know how well that would go over.

TopHat said...

So what's wrong with the 70s? The 1770s...

Brooklyn said...

Hahahhahah:)

I like the 1970's okay, actually. I just can't stand the 80's.

Although the 1770's could be hot. Let's be Puritans! Hooray!