Friday, March 23, 2007

this cannot be separated from the next post. which might take its time getting posted. ha. go figure.

::I wrote this two weeks ago.::

No matter what or when, I love Jack Johnson, Disney movies, a good jazz flute solo, my leather jacket, superhero hot dogs on my car's antenna, a good hot business suit, the Krishna temple in Spanish fork, photography, hot vases and high heels.

Lately I've been on an independent art kick, which is winding down. By lately, I mean the last year or so. I've seen tons of movies, listened to lots of music, made and organized fabulous Sundance trips, and when the mood struck, I've adopted the look.

In the back of my mind, I always knew all of this wasn't really my schtick. It's just a game I've been playing for awhile. My guess is, my closer friends knew it too; even the ones who inspired the game.

Where do these games come from, anyway? A couple years ago, it was me as a ballroom dancer. Before that, a sign language guru .... a bioinformatics major ...independent art ... a flirt ... a grammar officer ... the silent introvert (this one is just an acquaintance who stops by to catch up every few months).

Is it time for a new game? Is this all just part of the adventure of self-discovery?

Although my penchant for dress-up makes me look immature, I think I'll always be at least a little volatile like this. It makes life interesting, and it's not entirely a facade, because you can't help but get to know someone when you take adventures with them - even yourself.

This girl, Olympus. She loves to move, physically (dancing, ASL). She loves to express herself. She's drawn to conceptual science, but doesn't always have patience for it and never can apply it. She thrives on human interaction, but likes to be alone occasionally, too. She often prefers an empty apartment to a full one. She enjoys being meticulous ... sometimes and depending. She's a pretty meticulous teacher. Other times, she would rather throw caution to the wind. That's a phase thing, too. Some things you can't throw to the wind. She's learned to love variety and these days doesn't have much patience for sameness.

So those are some things I've learned about my friend Olympus, through our journeys together. Maybe I'll add to it later.

For the record, I still think the look is hot. That one isn't going anywhere soon. Call me a poser, but when the mood strikes, it'll come in full glory.

**

"Go in peace! I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."--Gandalf

3 comments:

Allie said...

Hey dearest! I find myself fully relating with your entry here. I think you and I are very similar--very... fluid, perhaps. It's like you said, about needing to move, express. It's beautiful and exciting. Life is an adventure, and I love it that you seem to feel that way. I love it that you don't have much patience for sameness. Same = lame. Haha. That rhymed. :^D

In other news, I was able to make it to the Krishna temple after all!! It was SO COOL! Rockin out with the llamas and the chalk.... holy cow, it was hardcore. Sweet. I was sad to miss you! Hurts that I don't know exactly what you look like... go to the party on Friday?

Olympus said...

Oh, man, is life ever an adventure! It makes me sad when people settle. (Especially when they know they're settling.)

Also, I'm SO GLAD you made it to the festival! You should check out my pictures on Facebook ... along with everyone else's, haha. Every other Facebook user seems to have been there:)

I did go on Friday, and afterward to get hospital food. Do you ever plan to attend one of these?:) I know, I know - you were legitimately busy:) I heard.

Anonymous said...

Research has proven that a therapeutic gay sizegenetics and an erotic male sizegenetics greatly reduce the length of discomfort and pain that one feels after surgery. It's a very big benefit to people who yearn to be up and running and back to normal on a short space of this time. Whether you are into a therapeutic gay sizegenetics or an erotic male sizegenetics it's crucial that you will identify and find an effective masseur or sizegenetics therapist who possess each one of the right qualities and skills. Chances are you come across some therapeutic gay sizegenetics therapists who may not wish perform an erotic male sizegenetics likewise the exact opposite is also true.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/