Friday, June 8, 2007

your movie

Has anyone heard the silly Mormon myth about "in the millennium, everyone will watch a movie of your life and all your sins will be made public"?

In the Times and Seasons blog, there's a post about this with some fantastic comments. One comment:

...Whenever I have the opportunity to teach the youth I try to stick to the factual important stuff.

I remember the whole movie thing and how it was repeated over and over and over again in seminary. I remember being asked how that made me want to live my life by a certain seminary teacher, and by then I had had enough of this silly idea and replied, "I’d want it to be so interesting that the people watching it would say , ‘Man, that guy is SO going to hell. But I wish I could’ve had his life.’” Needless to say the teacher was not pleased. --ronito, 6-4-2007, 4:50 p.m.

And, here he is. (Although, I imagine, not "ronito.")

4 comments:

Nectar said...

The movie idea always seemed to me to have appeal for the voyageurs.

Ben said...

Or voyeurs if you prefer. And Aldrich Ames? I'm sure you could think of someone you'd rather be. Like Mata Hari or...um...Dusan Popov (the "Tricycle"). Um, that's all.

Olympus said...

Hahahahahahahahahhaha. Excellent suggestions, flippin. It made me nervous just reading about them. hahahhaah.

Olympus said...

And, nectar - Yeah, I could see that. I vote we stop this myth once and for all.

Yay. Look how easy that was.